I don’t know about you, but when I was little I spent countless hours creating jewels of all kinds, using whatever I had available: threads, beads, plaster … I just needed to create, and I was happy. Then, I’ll admit, I shifted that creativity to something else, but if you have a particular eye for all that glitters, selling jewelry online can be an incredible opportunity.
And no, it’s not just the most “sparkling” jewels that are successful with online sales. Gold, silver, copper, but also silicone, old tires, paper clips, 3D prints and so on and so forth.
When we talk about selling jewelry online, there is really a slice of the market for every type!
What’s missing is a practical and comprehensive guide detailing how to successfully sell jewelry online, and how to do it in 2022.
Well, here it is!
Selling jewelry online, but what kind
The first thing you need to ask yourself if Build Your Brand Through Hashtags you are planning to sell jewelry online is What kind of jewelry do I want to sell?
And it’s not so much about materials as it is about the type of jewelry.
While all alternatives are absolutely valid and can Bolivia Phone Numbers be turned into a successful business, there is some difference between selling:
- Precious jewels
- Handcrafted jewelry
Now let’s see in detail what are the characteristics (and needs) of these types.
Selling precious jewels online
If you want to sell precious jewels online, you have to take into consideration some fundamental characteristics of this market:
- Products must be created with precious and / or semi-precious metals and gems
- The selling price will be higher than for jewelry made of other materials
- The packaging must be of quality
- Packaging must reflect and mirror the luxury of the products
- Your buyer personas will be interested in jewelry for special occasions or events
- Your customers’ purchases will be the subject of reflection, they will not be impulsive
Selling costume jewelry online
Even costume jewelery has a positioning all its own, and even if at first glance it can be considered less “important”, it is still a market with very high potential:
- It is trendy and in step with the trends of the moment
- It integrates perfectly into more social and youth-oriented marketing strategies
- It is made with inexpensive materials (beads, threads, metals, plastics, synthetic gems)
- It does not require a large initial investment
- It has a lower selling price, and your buyer personas will buy it thinking about items to wear every day
- Your customers’ purchases can be impulsive thanks to the lower selling price
- The products can come from wholesale suppliers, which is a great way to increase your profit margin
Selling handcrafted jewelry
Handcrafted jewels fall into a separate category, because even if made with less precious materials they are enriched by their uniqueness and by the art of those who make them: